The Tissue-Tek® Cryo3® Plus Microtome/Cryostat represents the next generation of excellence, operating with the stability, precision, and simplicity you expect from Sakura products. And it’s available in 3 configurations to meet every laboratory need and budget.
For more information, click on the tabs below, contact your Sakura
representative, write to email@example.com,
or call 1-800-725-8723 and press 1 for customer service.
Tissue-Tek® Cryostat provides superior sections from 1 to 99 µm in 1 µm increments using a temperature-controlled blade holder along with 360° specimen orientation. A color-touch LCD screen provides a visual display of critical information such as current chamber temperature, section thickness, and trimming thickness. The Cryobar® offers 12 positions, allowing operators to use the Cryomold® method or direct method at the same time. The Cryo+® area of the Cryobar® freezes to -50°C within 5 minutes after activation.
The motorized advance and retract keys allow for smooth, precise orientation of the microtome chuck to the blade holder. The blade holder accommodates Accu-Edge® high- and low-profile disposable blades. User-programmable, automatic defrost can be run at night or on-demand as desired.
The Tissue-Tek® Cryo3® Plus DM offers innovative options such as motorized sectioning, automated ozone disinfection, and a practical vacuum debris removal system. The unique ozone-based system enables quick chamber disinfection within 45 or 75 minutes—without exposure to liquid toxic chemicals or residue. The chamber remains locked and secure, guaranteeing maximum protection from ozone exposure and harmful pathogens.
- Innovative ozone disinfection (Models #5851 D and #5852 DM) designed with maximum safety precautions and features
- No exposure to liquid toxic chemicals or residue inside chamber
- Rapid disinfection within 45 or 75 minutes
- Password protection for secure operation
- Vacuum debris removal system standard with disinfection feature
- Consistent, accurate sectioning
- From 1 to 99 µm
- Stable ±10°C (Z) and 360°C (Y) specimen orientation
- Anti-roll rake for easy specimen transfer to slides
- Motorized function offers intermittent and continuous sectioning, plus user-defined speed control (Model #5852 DM)
- Blade holder accommodates Accu-Edge® high- and low-profile disposable blades
- 12 configurable Cryobar® positions
- Cryomold® method and direct method can be used simultaneously
- Cryo+® area cools to -50°C in as little as 5 minutes
- Standard heat extractor reduces freezing time
- Customizable software
- Easy setup menu
- Easily customized parameters to operator and/or specimen type
||#5850 Basic—Standard features: high- and low-profile blade holders, specimen orientation, motorized advance/retract
#5851 D—Standard features plus ozone disinfection and vacuum debris removal system
#5852 DM—Standard features, ozone disinfection, vacuum debris removal system, plus motorized sectioning
||Centimeters (W x D x H): 60 x 75 x 118
Inches (W x D x H):
23.5 x 29.5 x 46.5
|Weight (with microtome):
||176 kg (387 lb)
|Accessories and consumables
| Tissue-Tek® Cryomold® Methods:
| Round Specimen Holders:
||#5807 25 mm
#5808 38 mm
#5809 55 mm
|Tissue-Tek® O.C.T. Compound:
| Tissue-Tek® Accu-Edge®
Easy specimen orientation.
Specimen placement and orientation are easy with the Cryomold® technique.
Rapid cooling using Cryo+® feature.
Cryo+® area of the Cryobar® allows
rapid freezing down to -50°C.
Cryomold® offers simplicity and
The Cryomold® technique provides uniform
specimen block for rapid sectioning.