Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5
More options for optimized operation
Two modules, one singular design. The Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 Tissue Embedding Console System is designed for total efficiency and offers a customizable workstation that delivers absolute optimized operation in your lab.
The Tisue-Tek® TEC™ 5 System provides a compact, single workstation that enables both specimen orientation and paraffin embedding. It can be customized to user preferences by placing the Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 modules in a left-to-right or right-to-left arrangement for optimal workflow.
Other included advances that optimize operations include a finger touchplate and optional foot pedal for precise control of paraffin flow, a dispensing tower knob to adjust the flow rate to specific tasks, and an automatic ON/OFF switch that allows manual override for greater flexibility. The Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 also offers other advances for heightened performance, like temperature control over key areas for uniform regulation (all heated areas from 50°C to 75°C in 1°C increments; Cryo Module plate from -10°C to 0°C in 1°C increments), individual temperature control for left and right Thermal Storage Compartments to allow use as either paraffin baths or warming caddies for base molds, and an efficient cooling system to maintain temperature levels even when the plate is full.
And the Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 takes care of its surroundings, using an environmentally safe refrigerant and a quiet compressor to reduce noise fatigue.
Other Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 features include six easy-to-reach forceps wells, an ample chilling area for approximately 60 specimen blocks, a panel display of temperatures in all heated and cooled areas, and easy-to-clean surfaces with no hidden corners to catch paraffin or debris.
Electrical forceps are optional.
- Two module configuration options (left to right or right to left)
- User control over paraffin
- Paraffin flow control via finger touchplate and optional foot pedal
- Adjustable gravity-feed paraffin dispenser
- Temperature control
- 50°C to 75°C in 1°C increments in all heated areas
- -10°C to 0°C in 1°C increments in Cryo Module plate
- Efficient cooling system
- Individual temperature control over left and right Thermal Storage Compartments (can be used as a paraffin bath or warming caddy for base molds)
- Panel temperature display for all heated/cooled areas
- Fully programmable ON/OFF control
- Allows automatic system start and stop
- Permits manual override to bypass timer operation
- Environmentally safe refrigerant
- Six forceps wells
- Optional electrical forceps available
- Chilling area for approximately 60 cassette specimens
|Application:||Modular system aids in embedding histology specimens|
|Product Codes:|| #5100 Complete
(Modular, including 1 Embedding Module [#5101] and 1 Cryo Module [#5102])
|Dimensions (complete system):||Centimeters (W x D x H): 90.4 x 64.2
Inches (W x D x H): 35.6 x 25.3 x 14.8
Embedding Console: 26 kg (57 lb)
Cryo Console: 22 kg (48 lb)
|Paraffin Chamber Capacity:||4 liters|
|Left and Right Thermal Chamber Capacity:||1.5 liters each|
|Temperature Ranges:||Paraffin Chamber: 50°C to 75°C (122°F to 167°F)
Thermal Chambers: 50°C to 75°C (122°F to 167°F)
Hotplate/forceps wells: 50°C to 75°C (122°F to 167°F)
Cooling Plate: -10°C to 0°C (23°F to 32°F)
|Optional:||Electric Forceps: 1 to 5|
|Cooling Plate:||Up to 60 blocks|
|Working Areas:||Insulated warm area holds up to 20 cassettes|