Take advantage of the opportunity to learn from experts in the field of histology from the convenience of your own computer and earn 1 contact hour certificate provided for ASCP Certification Maintenance. Sign up today.
- All webinars are FREE, but space is limited so sign up now. Only ONE person from the lab needs to register. (Registration closes 30 minutes before the start of each webinar.)
- After you complete the registration process, we will review your application. A week prior to the webinar you will receive an email that includes a link to the webinar and the call-in number.
- You will receive a second reminder email 1 day before the webinar and a third email 1 hour before the webinar.
- Remember to please sign into the webinar 15 minutes early to give yourself time to troubleshoot if any technical issues arise. If technical issues arise, please contact www.gotomeeting.com for assistance at (800) 263-6317.
- Plan ahead to sign up for more than 1 webinar and enjoy!
The Pharmacogenomics of Targeted Therapy-ISH and Breast Cancer
Presenter: Dale Telgenhoff, PhD, MBA, HTL(ASCP)CM
September 21, 2017
10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET
Approximately 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime, and 1 in 37 women will die from the disease. The histology laboratory plays a critical role in the diagnosis and prognosis of this disease, and new findings support the vital role of the laboratory as new markers and methods for detecting various subtypes of breast cancer emerge. In this seminar we will review the histological differences in the various different types of invasive breast cancer and breast cancer in-situ. We will discuss the histological findings present in these two types, and the hallmarks of specific subsets of the disease. We will then discuss the current immunohistochemical markers used to differentiate breast cancer subtypes, and why histological staining is so important in determining the treatment for these patients.