Take advantage of the opportunity to learn from experts in the field of histology from the convenience of your own computer and earn 1 contact hour certificate provided for ASCP Certification Maintenance. Sign up today.
- All webinars are FREE, but space is limited so sign up now. Only ONE person from the lab needs to register. (Registration closes 30 minutes before the start of each webinar.)
- After you complete the registration process, we will review your application. A week prior to the webinar you will receive an email that includes a link to the webinar and the call-in number.
- You will receive a second reminder email 1 day before the webinar and a third email 1 hour before the webinar.
- Remember to please sign into the webinar 15 minutes early to give yourself time to troubleshoot if any technical issues arise. If technical issues arise, please contact www.gotomeeting.com for assistance at (800) 263-6317.
- Plan ahead to sign up for more than 1 webinar and enjoy!
Antibody Validation of IHC for CAP Compliance
Presenter: Sheron Lear (ASCP)HTL, QIHC
November 10, 2016
10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET
In the decades since the beginning of IHC, validating an antibody has gone thru many changes. Some of these changes have been driven by regulatory agencies such as CAP. The goal of these agencies is to ensure every test and diagnosis for every patient is accurate. The number of cases and slides to be tested is also a changing factor. When conditions change, such as pretreatments, protocols, clones, ready to use versus a concentrate antibody, what do I do? Do I need more testing to verify that my results are the same or better? This webinar will take one thru the steps of validating a new antibody, parallel testing of new shipments of antibodies, new lots of antibodies, and detection systems. Titers, pretreatments, and chromogens will also be discussed. How do I manage the paperwork for this testing?